A Summary of Benefits cciio.cms.gov
is now required of All Insurance Plans aetna.com/ to provide a standard format for easier understanding and comparison. This document written in plain language will give you clear, consistent and comparable information about your health plan benefits and coverage. I will grant that the format is consistent, but I like the real company brochures better. 6.19.2015 Blog from Friendly competitor.
- Blue Cross – Anthem
- Blue Shield
- Kaiser Permanente
- Summary of Benefits Health Net
Small Employer Group
- Blue Cross Anthem
- Cal Choice
- UHC – PacifiCare
- Health Net (Broker ONLY) healthnet.com
- Blue Shield
- Find Summary’s
United Health Care
The SBC will summarize the key features of the plan or coverage, such as the covered benefits, cost-sharing provisions, and coverage limitations and exceptions.
The summary of benefits and coverage will include a new, standardized health plan comparison tool for consumers called “coverage examples,” much like the Nutrition Facts label required for packaged foods. The coverage examples would illustrate how a health insurance policy or plan would cover care for common benefits scenarios.
Uniform Glossary of Terms
Insurance companies and group health plans will be required to make available upon request a uniform glossary of terms commonly used in health insurance coverage such as “deductible” and “co-payment”.
Explanation of the rules and triggers.
Electronic Media Disclosure 29 CFR 2520.104 b
Send us an Email to get your Summary of Benefits for any of the Insurance Companies that we represent.
Summary of Benefits and Coverage and Uniform Glossary
Regulations and Guidance
- Final Regulations
- Guidance for Compliance
- Proposed Regulations
- Solicitation of comments – Templates, Instructions, and Related Materials
- Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services (CLAS) County Data
Templates, Instructions, and Related Materials
- Corrected Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC) Template [MS Word Format]
- Corrected Sample Completed SBC [MS Word Format]
- Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC) Template [MS Word Format]
- Sample Completed SBC [MS Word format]
- Instructions for Completing the SBC – Group Health Plan Coverage
- Instructions for Completing the SBC – Individual Health Insurance Coverage
- Why This Matters language for “Yes” Answers
- Why This Matters language for “No” Answers
- HHS Information For Simulating Coverage Examples
- HHS Coverage Example Calculator and Related Information
- Uniform Glossary of Coverage and Medical Terms
White House.Gov Affordable Health Care Act YouTube Channel
- HR – PEO Support ADP Payroll Services & Alternatives
- Model Exchange Notice to Employees – 1095 C?
- Paid Family Leave Act Federal & CA
- Summary of Benefits SBC
are now as of 9.23.12 renewal/open enrollment