Employers with more than 250 employees are required to file a W-2 showing aggregate cost of employer-sponsored group health plan coverage, under Health Reform, Obama Care – PPACA
The premiums are still NOT taxable as income to the employee and a deduction for the employer (IRC 106), the purpose is to provide useful and comparable information to employees on the cost of their health care coverage. (Notice 2012-9, Q&A2).
Consumer Resources & Links
How to file W-2 online #10033 (Small Biz?)
Related Pages in Employer Mandate Section
- §4980H – Shared responsibility for employers regarding Health Insurance
- 6056 Reporting
- DELAYED till 2016… Employer Mandate
- Employer Group or Individual Coverage?
- Mandate – Employee Definition?
- W – 2 Reporting
- zHistorical Info Employer Mandate –