What is California choice?
- Exceptional cost control
- Guaranteed rates for 12 months
- Full choice program offering 8 benefit levels
- Multiple carriers and formulary options
- Extensive provider network
- Simple and efficient online administration
- Single source billing
- Full team support from enrollment through renewal Highly effective recruitment and retention tool
- Instant FREE 24/7 Online Quotes – and other top companies
Other Private Exchanges
Workers at the coffee company will be able to select a plan from as many as six national and regional carriers, instead of the one currently offered, starting in October.
Starbucks Corp. on Monday became one of the most high-profile employers to switch its employees to a private health insurance exchange. Instead of the one health insurer and three medical coverage levels they have now, U.S. employees from Chief Executive Howard Schultz to store baristas working at least 20 hours a week will be able to choose from among up to six national and regional carriers, and five levels of medical plan starting in October. (Jargon and Wilde Mathews, 7/18)
California Choice provides a new and effective way to meet the changing needs of employees at small California companies; while offering an effective program that would enable business owners to continue subsidizing benefits in the face of rising healthcare premiums. As an authorized agent we are happy to help you get coverage at no extra charge to you. Cal Choice compensates us to help you. Click here for some of the many benefits that an agent/broker can give to the public.
The concept, known as a Defined Contribution Exchange, offers a solution that gives employers the advantage of cost control while achieving a higher level of employee retention through satisfaction. Employees can choose the health plan attributes that specifically fit their needs.
Cal Choice Carrier selection Premium/benefit level Doctor network Formulary Voluntary vs. buy-up options Core Offerings California Choice offers medical HMO and PPO plans; dental HMO, PPO and EPO; Rx; voluntary vision and multi-choice dental coverage; term life; chiropractic/acupuncture options. Our list of premier carriers include: You might also consider a Section 125 POP plan, so that the employee’s contributions are Tax Deductible.
- Can each family member select a different Health Plan?
- When is my company’s annual Renewal?
- Will CaliforniaChoice help me save money?
- Do the plans cover prescription drugs?
- What if an employee just does not want health care coverage?
- Can any employee or dependent be denied health coverage?
- What about my employees’ dependents? Do they have to be covered, and, if so, does the employer have to pay for them?
- How does CaliforniaChoice define a dependent?
- When are children no longer considered eligible dependents?
- Can my employer group be canceled because of too many claims?
- When should my employees choose dependent coverage?
- Will my employees and I be able to keep our current doctors?
- Is there a monthly billing fee?
- How is CaliforniaChoice remunerated for the services it provides?
- Is out-of-state coverage available?
- What materials will I receive once I am enrolled?
Click here for
Available Insurance Companies & Plans
Employees can enroll in any of these Health Plans – see current benefit summary for more details