EDD California Employers Guide DE 44 128 pages
Video on how much coverage for death protection you need
SOLE Proprietor’s – Self Employed
What are the Paper work and forms required to get Guaranteed Issue Medical Coverage
Health Care Reform ACA/Obamacare – AB 1083
SHOP’s Employer application on page 2 has a nice simple matrix to show you what documents are needed for each type of business structure, propritorship, corporation, llc, etc.
Please send email [email protected] your documents to us so that we can review your paperwork to help you make sure you qualify.
Typical Required Documents
Current Schedule 1040 C Profit or Loss from a Business
You file Schedule C filed annually and attach it to Form 1040 (a farming sole proprietorship files Schedule F, Profit or Loss From Farming.) loop hole lewy.com
Other licenses…. such as:
LA City Business Tax
Business Licenses are sometimes accepted in lieu of the 1040 for brand new biz. License might still be required anyway. LA County Business License
Who should file a fictitious business name?
- Persons doing business for profit under a fictitious name (does not include surname in company name).
- if John Doe formed a bakery called Doe’s Donuts, he may not need to file a DBA. But if his business was going to be called John’s Donuts, he would. The last name is the key. If he or she does not intend to use his or her last name, a DBA should be filed. Upcounsel.com *
- This filing is required by law in order to connect the name of a business to the business owner. This protects consumers because it allows them to get information about the owner of a company if they have consumer problems or need to file a lawsuit. Free Advice.com *
- Statement must be filed in county of principal place of business and may also be filed in other counties as long as the requirements for filing in the county of principal place of business have been met.
- Non-profit corporations, organizations or associations are not required to file a Fictitious Business Name Statement LA Vote * LA Vote *
Sole Proprietorship Franchise Tax Board CA
Reference - Please check with us on latest AB 1083 Requirements
Warner Pacific 411 Broker ONLY
Steve Shorr Explanation of Participation Rules Pre - ACA
CA Franchise Tax Board’s Guide & IRS to:
Common Forms of Ownership
- Choose a business structure. The form of business determines which income tax return a business taxpayer needs to file. The most common business structures are:
- Sole proprietorship: An unincorporated business owned by an individual. There’s no distinction between the taxpayer and their business.
- Partnership: An unincorporated business with ownership shared between two or more people.
- Corporation: Also known as a C corporation. It’s a separate entity owned by shareholders.
- S Corporation: A corporation that elects to pass corporate income, losses, deductions, and credits through to the shareholders.
- Limited Liability Company: A business structure allowed by state statute.
- Choose a tax year. A tax year is an annual accounting period for keeping records and reporting income and expenses. A new business owner must choose either:
- Calendar year: 12 consecutive months beginning January 1 and ending December 31.
- Fiscal year: 12 consecutive months ending on the last day of any month except December.
- Apply for an employer identification number. An EIN is also called a federal tax identification number. It’s used to identify a business. Most businesses need an EIN.
- Have all employees complete these forms:
- Pay business taxes. The form of business determines what taxes must be paid and how to pay them.
Taxpayers interested in starting a business can find information for some industries on the Industries/Professions Tax Centers webpage. Each state has additional requirements for starting and operating a business. Prospective business owners should visit their state's website for info about state requirements.
- Small Business Admiration’s 10 steps to start your business.
Other Pages in the Proof you are a qualifying Employer & legitimate business Section