What documents do I need to show I’m really in Business?
CA Franchise Tax Board’s Guide to:
Common Forms of Ownership
Health Care Reform – AB 1083 pretty much has the SAME requirements to prove that your business, is a bonifide Employer, with bonified common law employees and owner’s who are really working 30+ hours, the same as before under AB 1672.
SHOP’s Employer application on page 2 has a nice simple matrix to show you what documents are needed for each type of business structure, propritorship, corporation, llc, etc. Please send, (email, fax or 1st class mail) those to us for review to help you make sure you qualify.
Since the Insurance Companies we represent are MANDATED by AB 1672 AB 1083 to write any Bonafide EmployER with 2 or more eligible employees, including husband and wife, and part timers, they require absolute proof that the business is really there and running, though in this economy a profit is not required.
On this page and those below it, are typical Requirements, by type of business structure, to show that your business, working owners who must sign a statement under penalty of recession and employees really exist.
If ALL your employees are on payroll, there is generally nothing to prove, just send your DE 6 or 9.
Please do not call and ask us “what if” questions. Just send us all your paperwork, for the type of business structure that you have. We can then double check if the companies will accept it.
(Kaiser) Flow Chart
Specific Requirements by Insurance Company:
Excerpt of Owner in Biz Form
I attest that while I am not listed on the DE-6 or 9 wage report of this company, ALL of the following conditions are true:
1. I am a sole proprietor, partner, corporate officer or LLC manager/member of the company name indicated below; and
2. I am actively at work at this company working a minimum of 20 hours per week on a permanent and full-time basis; and
There must be at least ONE non spousal employee working 30 hours. See Insurance Code 10700 f for more detail
3. I draw wages, dividends or other distributions from this company on a regular basis; and
4. I do not derive substantial earned income from any other employer and am not eligible for other employer-sponsored coverage; and
See Insurance Code 10700 f for more detail
- DE 6 now 9 – Payroll Tax Reporting
- IRS Definition of a Business
- LLC Proofs
- No Tax Forms?
- Partnership – Proofs
- Qualification Procedures
- Sole Proprietor
Broker ONLY – Warner Pacific Carrier 411